Unless you have been living under a rock for the past week you will have noticed our client and friend Rebekah Vardy has been busy slaying the jungle in 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!'. Since being in the jungle people keep asking us how she keeps her Great Lengths hair extensions looking so good? Another common question we've been asked is how she manages to hide her bonds so well in the jungle? Now of course application is so important so it helps that her hair extensions were applied by hair extension expert Malcolm Murphy. But after the initial application there is still plenty you can do to make sure there isn't an attachment in sight. We have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to keep your hair extensions looking seamless.
1. Always choose your extension length depending on the length of your natural hair, for example avoid going for hair extensions that are way too long for the length of your natural hair. Your stylist at Malcolm Murphy Hair will advise you on the best length for your hair.
2. Keep up with having regular trims. An essential part of seamlessly integrating your extensions into your natural hair is trimming them to match your current cut. Just because you have just had your extensions applied does not mean you wont need another haircut for six months. Your hair will still grow and the hair extensions can get split ends from heat damage the same as your hair will.
4. Grab the curling tools! At Malcolm Murphy Hair we will give you hair extensions that you can wear curly, wavy or poker straight. However If you're having a tricky time blending your shorter hair with your new extensions try loosely waving the hair together. Shop our selection of the best curling wands here
5. Wash before wear... New extensions often have an ultra glossy finish to them. While that may be awesome to look at, it's often hard to create the same shine to your natural locks. Luckily the remedy to this problem is simple, just wash before you wear! Short on time? Try applying some KEVIN.MURPHY HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY to them for a rougher texture.
6. The big cover-up(do). Your stylist at Malcolm Murphy Hair will never apply the hair extensions to close your hairline. However as they grow down it can become more difficult to hide those pesky bonds. Here is a great tip for covering your bonds! When you want to wear your hair up, ensuring there is hair to cover your extensions, spray a soft bristle brush with hairspray and brush your real hair over the extensions as you style it.
7. Check yourself In the mirror, check your head from all angles before you step out (paparazzi waiting or not!), to ensure your extensions are not peeking through anywhere. Ask a friend to check if you have any bonds showing or try holding a mirror up at the back of your head while in front of another mirror. Just because you cannot see the back other people can!
Join Hope Against Cancer at our 5th annual fashion show for a great night out while raising money for local cancer research in Leicestershire & Rutland. The evening will be sponsored by NFU Mutual and presented by Anne Davies.
Showcasing designs from Flo & Sang, Malcolm Murphy Hair, Abiti, Mimi and Thomas and many more..
You will receive a glass of fizz on arrival and a goody bag, and there will be an opportunity to browse & purchase from stalls during the evening which will include items from the designers featured in the fashion show. Last year’s selection of stalls ranged from skincare, scarves, jewellery and crystals – so there’s something for everyone.
Tickets are £25 and can be bought by following this link
Free Vouchers for our online store: